WordPress bloggers rejoice, now there’s one more way to get stories out into the public. Users who use the popular Web publishing platform can now add in Facebook features via a new plugin spreading news of stories, social publishing, and individual mentions.
- Where did Flashback start? Blame the blogosphere
- WordPress is reigning champ for blogging platforms
- WordPress.com to let bloggers earn money through ads
Facebook engineers and open source partners built the “Facebook for WordPress” plugin. No coding is necessary and the plugin is mobile-friendly and supports internationalization.
“Once the plugin is installed, you can cross-post content published to WordPress to your Facebook Timeline and the Facebook Pages you manage,” Facebook engineer Matt Kelly wrote in a blog post today. “You can also mention the names of Pages and friends as you post to further distribute your content.”
According to the Facebook blog, the following social plugins are available as WordPress widgets:
- Activity Feed: Shows readers their friends’ activity on the site, such as likes and comments.
- Recommendations: Gives readers personalized suggestions for pages on your site they might like, as well as a Recommendations Bar option to give users the option to add content to their Timeline as they read.
- Customizable Like, Subscribe and Send buttons.
- Comments Box: Makes it easy for people to comment on your site and post back to Facebook, and includes moderation tools. The plugin also features automatic SEO support for Facebook Comments, so search engines can index them to improve your site’s visibility.
WordPress is the most popular publishing platform on the Web, powering 16.6 percent of all sites. In fact, 49 percent of the top 100 blogs in the world use WordPress, including CNN Political Ticker, Boing Boing, ArtsBeat, Grist, Hollywood Life, and several blogs for The New York Times. According to Kelly, some of these blogs are already using the plugin to reach more readers.
via CNET Latest News http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57452033-93/facebook-plugs-in-wordpress-for-social-sharing/?part=rss&subj=latest-news2&tag=title