Apple’s iPhone 4 is still at the top of the list for Flickr users, according to Flickr’s 2012 summer trends.
The phone, which was No. 1 last year as well, has beaten out several actual cameras — the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS Rebel T2I, and Nikon D90 — as well as its brethren, the iPhone 4S, which made the list at No. 3.
- Yahoo Mail rolls out (another) photo-sharing tool
- Yahoo’s image searches beautify with Getty partnership
- Flickr upgrades core experience with bigger photos
Flickr also complied the top photo trends from April to June among the 7.2 billion photos uploaded to the photo-sharing site. The trends includes — surprise! — outdoor activities:
- Eclipse — the annular solar eclipse took place on May 20
- Golden Gate Bridge — celebrations of the bridge’s 75th anniversary were held on May 27
- Baseball Games — there are nearly 3.6 million baseball images on Flickr during this baseball season
- Festivals — there are more than 8.4 million camp images and 2.6 million fireworks images on Flickr
- Flowers — 15.8 million images on Flickr were taken in a garden
via CNET Latest News http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57462099-93/iphone-stays-no-1-in-flickr-popularity/?part=rss&subj=latest-news2&tag=title