Maybe you were busy this week scheduling all of your Facebook posts with the new scheduling feature, or maybe you were just trying to figure out how the heck it works. For whatever reason you couldn’t keep up with everything on Mashable, check out our features roundup for the best social media, business and tech resources.
This week we have a rundown of bad etiquette to avoid at work, a beginner’s guide to Instagram and tools for increasing your productivity. We’ve also covered the summer blockbusters with the most social buzz, content marketing lessons from President Obama and how recent graduates should consider their social media profiles when applying to jobs. And make sure you don’t miss the latest episodes of our video series, Behind the Launch !
- 5 Fascinating Things We Learned From Reddit This Week
Reddit is a great place for facts about science, history and little hacks for your everyday life. Here’s what we learned this week.
- Bad Tech Etiquette to Avoid at Work
Here’s a list of types of bad tech etiquette that would definitely make Emily Post cringe.
- Facebook Promoted Posts: A Step-By-Step Guide
Here’s a walk-through of Facebook’s new Promoted Posts.
- 4 Innovative Student Projects That Could Change the World
Meet the four finalists of the Microsoft’s Imagine Cup, which challenges students to use technology to solve the world’s toughest problems.
- Seeing Syria: 5 Must-Watch YouTube Accounts Covering the Uprising
With foreign press mostly banned from Syria, citizen journalists have been the world’s source of footage from the conflict-torn nation.
- June Movie Preview: Summer Blockbusters Get Social
Check out some of the socially charged summer movies headed for theaters this June.
- 10 Must-Follow Instagram Accounts for Stylish Women
Pinterest’s audience is predominantly female — and women, in general, are more engaged in social media. What about Instagram?
- How the Indy 500 Played Out on Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
This infographic shows how fans discussed and followed the Indy 500 on Twitter and Facebook.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Instagram
We’re here to share the Instagram basics, whether you’re new to the network or need additional tips.
- 10 Instagram Foodie Accounts to Make Your Mouth Water
If you want even more delicious noms filling up your feed, check out the list we’ve assembled of the 10 best foodie accounts to follow.
- How the L.A. Kings Are Redefining Sports Social Media
The Los Angeles Kings are tearing up the typical sports social media playbook — and the team’s offbeat approach is achieving major results.
- How to Get the Most Out of the New Bitly
Reactions to Bitly’s redesign have been lackluster. We’re here to sift through the confusion with an overview of the Bitly basics.
- 20 Reasons to Switch to Google+ [INFOGRAPHIC]
Infographic Labs has put together a compelling infographic explaining why Google+ is worth your time.
- Parents and Grads: Here’s the Social Media Conversation You Need to Have
College grads looking for a job might need a primer in cleaning up their online reputation.
- Facebook’s New Scheduling Feature: 5 Design Missteps
Facebook has added a scheduling feature for page admins, but it certainly isn’t perfect.
- Which Summer Blockbusters Are Getting the Most Social Buzz?
mRank, Mashable’s buzz leaderboard, has the lowdown on the summer movies that make social media sizzle.
- How Instagram Is Taking Over Major League Baseball
Instagram is taking over Major League Baseball parks, and this infographic shows how.
- 35 Action Photos That Will Give You Whiplash
Mashable readers sent us some incredible action photos, like a sea lion doing a handstand and a snapshot of recent college grads tossing a beer keg.
- Top 10 GIFs of the Week
This week’s GIF collection includes current events and artsy animated images that have been circulating the web.
- Social Media Companies: A Cheat Sheet [INFOGRAPHIC]
This comprehensive infographic whipped up by social media strategist firm Hasai serves both as a cheat sheet for newbies and a scorecard for old hands.
- Top 20 Most-Shared Stories in May
These 20 stories got the most love from you, garnering about 450,000 combined shares on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+ and StumbleUpon.
Business & Marketing
- 10 Insanely Clickable Banner Ads
The average click-through rate for a banner ad is one in 1,000. These 10 examples show that ads don’t need to be boring.
- Behind the Launch: Clashing With Your Co-Founder
The Vungle team decides it’s high time to blast a press release about its $2 million funding, and tensions rise.
- Are These the Best Startup Perks You’ve Ever Seen?
From free coffee to 401(k) plans, we got the skinny on startup perks.
- Eyes On Pinterest: How People Look at Your Boards
Pinterest doesn’t just look different than other social networks — it’s looked at differently, too.
- 5 Reasons Recurring Revenue Models Work
Unlike traditional financial models, recurring revenue business models focus on a series of smaller, ongoing, subscription-based transactions. Here’s why your business should consider adopting such a model.
- Charities, Rejoice: Dideo Lets Readers Donate a Dollar
A company called Dideo is making is easy to donate to the causes you read about.
- Branding: How to Convey Your Startup to the World
Watch the Vungle team craft its message and pinpoint its values.
- Donate to Charity Every Time You Buy Online
What if you could give money to charity simply by purchasing your favorite products online? CauseCart can help you with that.
- Behind the Launch: Our Startup Grows Up
Vungle’s first press release went out — and now all eyes are on the startup.
- 5 Ways Digital Has Forced Agencies to Adapt
Clearly, digital has forced us to adapt, but what are some of the biggest changes? We spoke with a few agency leaders to learn how the digital revolution has affected their companies.
- Pubslush Is Like Kickstarter for Authors
Pubslush is injecting Kickstarter-esque crowdfunding into the book publishing business.
- 60+ Events in Business, Advertising and Social Media
Our Events Board helps event organizers and the Mashable community convene at events in social media, tech, marketing and other fields.
- 5 Hot Facebook Marketing Trends
Check out how some of the biggest Brands are taking advantage of Facebook’s new marketing tools.
- 5 Productivity Hacks for the Startup CEO
A startup can grow from two to 100 employees, but its CEO only has 24 hours a day to manage it. Here are five powerful productivity hacks.
- How to Prevent Price-Comparison Apps From Killing Your Business
Here are a few ways brick-and-mortar retailers can fight back against showrooming.
- Meet Buyou, A One-Stop Shopping Mall for iPads
For Krish Jayaram, shopping on an iPad seemed more complicated than it should be. That’s what led Jayaram to develop Buyou, a free iPad app.
- 5 Content Marketing Lessons From Obama
President Barack Obama has been a content marketing wizard of late. Here are his most clever moves, and what brands can learn from them.
- Teen Entrepreneur’s Search Engine Is Built for a Higher Purpose
100% of Benelab’s revenues are donated to charity, and the team behind it is comprised entirely of high schoolers.
- Why Reporting Is Ripe For Innovation
Media must build tools that help a journalist do what it once took five journalists to do. They must innovate the news-gathering process.
- How to Raise Startup Capital Without a Pitch Deck
Here are five lessons we learned from raising a series A round without a pitch deck.
Tech & Mobile
- 7 Things Tim Cook Might Say at D10
The taciturn yet successful Apple CEO Tim Cook sat down for a rare public interview with All Things D’s Walt Mossberg. Here’s what Mashable‘s editor-in-chief Lance Ulanoff predicted.
- 7 Desktop Weather Stations to Follow the Forecast
We’ve found seven stylish stations that will look great in your home, all while informing you whether you need to grab an umbrella.
- 6 Handy Mobile Apps for City Transit
You can make your way around most cities using Google public transit searches or various transit apps.
- Can Digital Peer Pressure Power Your Workout?
To get you off of the couch and into your gym shoes, a new wave of fitness apps has turned to an age-old force: peer pressure.
- Which DSLR Camera Is Right for You?
Whether you’re buying your first DSLR or upgrading, there are lots of models to choose from.
- 5 Ways Mobile Tech Can Improve Your Health
Companies are adopting mobile technologies and strategies to improve health and healthcare delivery.
- Do You Suffer From These 4 Tech Afflictions?
Tech addiction is real, and it can have dreadful consequences. Here are four ailments you should avoid at all costs.
- 8 Tools for Hacking Your Productivity
Need a way to stay awake and on-task throughout your workday? Check out these great gadgets to make your productivity soar.
- Write, Read, Share on Widbook, the ‘YouTube of Books’
Who says people using social media don’t have the patience to read anything too lengthy? A new site called Widbook lets authors share books.
via Mashable! http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Mashable/~3/lZ0Ccb08wGk/