Now that Mashable Connect has ended (see you next year, friends!), it’s time to continue engaging, inspiring and empowering on your own. What better way to start than by checking out our best digital media resources?
This week, we’ve covered how to use Pinterest for your wedding, how to make sure your company engages intelligently on social media and how to build a mobile app without hurting your wallet. We’ve also answered frequently asked questions on Facebook‘s new app center, included an infographic detailing how Kickstarter is the king of crowdfunding and featured a guest post written by the first woman in space, Sally Ride. And with Mother’s Day tomorrow, we’ve rounded up some resources to help you with your last-minute plans.
Take advantage of this week’s resources!
- Great Science Education Starts With Inspired Teachers
Sally Ride talks about the role empowered teachers can play in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- What to Expect When Your Kid Becomes a Meme
Meet the parents of child memes, and learn how they balance raising a child while maintaining the Internet-famous child’s popular brand.
- Facebook’s New App Center: Everything You Need to Know
Exactly how will the Facebook App Center work, and how will it interact with the app stores from Apple and Google?
- Mother’s Day: 10 Digital Gifts for Last-Minute Shoppers
In a last-minute Mother’s Day panic? Don’t worry, we have 10 online solutions that, if you have Internet access and some kind of plastic, will totally save your bacon.
- 10 Ways to Optimize Your iPad for Kids With Special Needs
Sami Rahman shared some of his best tips and tricks for getting started using an iPad for people with disabilities.
- 5 Sizzlin’ Bacon-Themed Kickstarter Projects
Bacon-lovers take the tasty breakfast food beyond the kitchen with these ambitious Kickstarter projects.
- 20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week [CHART]
Which TV shows generate the most buzz on social networks? Find out each week from our social TV chart.
- How to Avoid Pinterest Wedding Angst
Social media should improve your life, not complicate it. Here’s how Pinterest can help with those wedding plans.
- The Rise of the Mommy Blogger [INFOGRAPHIC]
This infographic charts the mommy blogger landscape and shows the subculture to be larger and more monied than you might think.
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Klout
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Klout and the man who created it.
- How to Hide Pinterest Activity on Facebook
We show you how to stop Pinterest from posting to your Facebook Timeline and how to hide other people’s Pinterest content on Facebook.
- The Best and Worst Times to Share on Facebook, Twitter
Link shortening and tracking service bit.ly has released new data on the best and worst times to share links on popular social networks.
- Is YouTube Killing the Viral Video Star?
As YouTube ramps up its original programming and pushes for partner channels, viral video stars of the past are beginning to feel the heat.
- 30 Nostalgic Photos From Mashable Readers
For the Mashable Photo Challenge, we bring you 30 nostalgic photos from our readers that show technology, toys and places from the past.
- How to Get Started With Viddy
If you haven’t yet joined the social video-sharing app Viddy, this easy guide will get you up to speed.
- Are Millennials the Most Distracted or Engaged Generation?
Many have lamented the time wasted on Facebook by a “generation of eye-rollers.” But social media is empowering millennials in surprising ways.
- Viddy Highlights: 10 Top Clips From the Social Video App
The team at Viddy have curated a highlights reel, showcasing the variety of videos being created. Here’s 10 for your viewing pleasure!
- Who Are the Top Retailers on Social Media? [INFOGRAPHIC]
Here are the most popular retailers that are killing it on social media.
- Top 10 GIFs of the Week
A look at the top 10 GIFs of the week, from Obama and his crew celebrating with orange mocha frapuccinos to an NBA photobomb.
- ‘F_ck Yeah!’ The Evolution of Tumblr’s Big Trend
Tumblr has created an infographic which shares a little history on one of its most popular trends.
Business & Marketing
- 8 Professional Tumblr Themes for Your Small Business
Looking to take your business into the bold world of Tumblr? Give your design a boost with these great themes.
- 8 Ways to Get the Biggest Marketing Bang Out of SlideShare
SlideShare is a vibrant, mobile-friendly, Google-indexed community. Here are eight ways savvy social marketers should use it.
- 4 Ways Your Business Can Avoid Being a Menace on Twitter
Here are four ways companies can avoid making it seem like they’re spamming their Twitter audience.
- 4 Mobile Business Applications to Watch
What business apps are leading the way? Here are the four business applications to watch.
- 4 Tips For Gamifying Your Marketing Plan
Gamification is a great tool, if you use it right. Here are four steps to help you properly gamify your next marketing campaign.
- How to Optimize Your Headlines for Google and Humans
Google and SEO may make you cringe, but the combo matters in search. Here are SEO examples from news outlets that range from bad to best.
- Kickstarter: The King of Crowdfunding [INFOGRAPHIC]
In this economy, a new business or project is lucky to score a dollar here, a nickel there. But Kickstarter has changed all the rules.
- What Every Small Business Needs to Know About Liability
You may work in tech, but you’re still liable if something goes wrong. Make sure you’re covered.
- Find Deals, Buy Food, Store Receipts with PayDragon App
Imagine this: When in a long lunch line at a local eatery, simply grab your smartphone to pay for your meal. A new app called PayDragon lets you pay for food with one tap.
- 4 Tools to Enhance Brand Engagement on Facebook
It can be difficult to monitor the impact your brand is making on Facebook. Check out these four tools to get you in the know.
- Want Your Startup Name in the Dictionary? Choose Wisely
Everything’s in a name, especially when it comes to tech startups. What will it take for brands like “Twitter” or “Google” to become linguistically ubiquitous?
- 3 Ways Companies Can Leverage Social Reviews
Social media reviews are a great way to promote your brand. Here are three ways your company can collect and use these items.
- Groupon: Sound Investment or Risky Business? [INFOGRAPHIC]
Groupon’s financial situation has been precarious lately. This infographic breaks down the company’s history, dollar-for-dollar.
- 60+ Hot Events in Social Media, Startups and Business
The Events Board allows event organizers and the Mashable community to convene at events in social media, tech, marketing and other fields.
- Why Instagram Won’t Be the Last Billion Dollar App
App developers know mobile apps like Instagram are tapping into a set of consumer behaviors that are specific to mobile. Here’s how.
- Why Microsoft Is Being Left in the Dust
If you want to know why Microsoft’s share price has been flat for 11 years while Apple, Amazon and Google shares have soared, this is why.
- Hiring Hustle: 5 Tips for Building a Killer Startup Team
The Vungle team — the focus of our new series, “Behind the Launch” — offers advice for the recruitment process.
Tech & Mobile
- 10 Top Android Racing Games
These Android racing games all have the same awesome goal: Get to that finish line! So pick a game, rev that engine and get going.
- 10 Fun Games That Look Like Office Work
These 10 sneaky online games resemble productivity programs, and will cover you for some stealth gaming in the office.
- 7 Tools for Getting Started on Mobile App Development
Looking for resources to help you develop your app? We’ve rounded up seven to help you get started.
- 13 Spectacular ‘Supermoon’ Photos From Mashable Readers
We asked you to send us your best photos of the ‘supermoon’ this weekend. Here are the best of the submissions.
- How Flixel Lets Anyone Make Beautiful Cinemagraphs
Capturing the moving magic of a cinemagraph in a streamlined design can be a challenge. See how Flixel does it while remaining streamlined.
- 15 Accessories That Celebrate the Iconic Power Symbol
The power symbol is a very familiar icon in consumer electronics today — we’ve found 15 accessories that feature the design!
- 14 Incredible 3D Printing Creations
3D printing company Shapeways invited us to curate some of our favorite 3D-printed objects. You’d be amazed what we found.
- 6 Tools to Build a Mobile App on the Cheap
Looking to wow everyone with a slick mobile app? Here’s how to do it without forking over major cash.
- 6 Ways to Anticipate the Future of Digital Behavior
IDEO’s Duane Bray offers six suggestions for forecasting the future of digital data, conversation and identity.
- Bantr App Unites Soccer Fans at Home and at the Match
The Bantr social network lets soccer fans pose questions and vote on coaching decisions, referees’ calls and player performance.
via Mashable! http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Mashable/~3/lIUUiP4gvY0/